A consumer-created location-aware price comparison site.
Why do we need that?
- There is no transparent market for food.
- The prices between shops and bars are drifting apart.
- Extreme price differences between bars (even those close to each other)
- The EU stopped package size standards, causing some producers to try to sell smaller packages for the same price.
What’s your benefit?
- compare prices and save money
- finding menus for restaurants that don’t put them online themselves.
- a transparent market
- quality and quantity comparison of shops and product. (price, ingredients, pics, user comments, labels…)
- free household account management
- open shop database (location-aware)
- open product database
- open bar code and ISBN database
- everything has a history (it’s possible to compare prices not only between shops but also over time)
How can we implement this vision?
- enter and update products, shops
- enter prices
- by typing in your receipt and add it to your household accounts
- by taking a picture of your receipt with your mobile phone and TagAPrice will automatically add it to your household accounts
- Working togehter to make TagAPrice more comfortable and feature-rich.
- Code License: AGPLv3
- Create mashups and mobile apps
- by download a full dump of the DB
- by using the API (json, xml, …)
- Use the API to find shops (we have all shops from OpenStreetMap and maybe more)
- Use the API to find a product at the nearest shop
- Use the API to find the price of a product at the nearest shop
- Use the API to find a menu and the price in a special restaurante
- Use the API to insert the menu in your restaurant
- Share products, shops, prices via twitter, facebook, …
- Data License: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
- We are a team of students at Technical University of Vienna, and University Copenhagen
- contributors from all over the world.